- Amita Health Alexian Brothers Medical Center
- Amita Health St. Alexius Medical Center
- Sherman Hospital
Nursing Home Affiliations
- Bloomingdale Pavillion
- Lexington of Streamwood
- Symphony of Hanover Park
Dialysis Center Affiliations
- Medical Graduate:
- Faculty of Medicine Cairo University
- Internship and Residency:
- Cairo University Hospital, St. Lukes Hospital
- Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago IL Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland OH
- Certifications and Honors:
- ASH Hypertension Specialist ASDIN Certified for Interventional Nephrology Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine, Loyola University, Chicago IL
- Languages We Speak:
- Spanish, French, Polish
Multidisciplinary Hypertension Clinic: A Comprehensive, Multi-Specialty Approach to Managing Hypertension by Nephrology Associates of Northern Illinois (NANI) and Cardiovascular Associates (CVA)
The Hypertension Clinic at Alexian Brothers Heart and Vascular Institute offers the area’s best expertise in hypertension management. Our clinic is comprised of nephrologists and cardiologists who are board-certified as hypertension specialists.
This consultative service includes:
- Evaluation of secondary causes of hypertension
- Adrenal vein sampling for aldosterone and cortisol levels
- Exclude pseudo-resistance
- Measure Central Arterial Pressure with SphygmoCor XCEL to guide treatment
- Central blood pressure measurement to guide therapy with cuff pressure measurement
- 24-hour ambulatory blood pressure monitoring
- Medication and dietary modifications
Team approach to patient care between Nephrology and Cardiology
What is Resistant
Resistant hypertension is defined as blood pressure that remains above goal, in spite of the concurrent use of 3 antihypertensive agents of different classes.
- Office BP > 140/90 mmHg or 130/80 mmHg in patients with diabetes or chronic kidney disease and the patient is on 3 or more diuretics, if possible.
- Or, office blood pressure at goal, but requiring 4 or more antihypertensive medications.
Why Choose the Hypertension Clinic at Alexian Brothers?
Patients will have ongoing access to this clinic to get their blood pressure under control. Referring physicians will receive timely feedback. We will keep you actively involved and informed throughout the process.
Patients will only be seen for a maximum of 3 visits for evaluation and diagnostic workup, then referred back to referring physician.
Our Team: All Hypertension Certified Specialists
Cardiology: John Furiasse, MD, FACC, Director and Daniel Sauri, MD, DACC
Nephrology: Mohammed Rahman, MD, FACP, Co-director and Raju Ray, MD
Clinic Coordinator: Carrie Pleasnick, APN, ACNP-BC